Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Utah Summer Vacation Part 3

One of the best parts of our trip was our family Freedom Run Race. I had decided to run a 10K and found the Freedom Run in Provo while we were in Utah. I decided I did not want to do it alone, so I forced my whole family to do it with me. It was a blast. Brian and I ran the 10K, Ally, Kenzie and Andrew ran the 5K, and Tyler and Sydney ran the mile. As you can see from this picture, we had to wake up at 6:00 a.m. on the fourth of July, but hey, it was worth it. There was a bit of grumbling about it, but when all was said and done, everyone loved it. We may even try it again.

Go ahead and laugh your head off. Sometimes you take one for the team which is what I had to do to post this pic of the family. I know my hair rocks, so please don't be too jealous. Hee Hee. Everyone else looked so cute I had to post it.

Notice the few extra kids in the picture. Yes, we even recruited cousins to join with us. Eric, Christopher and Daxton were the ones cool enough to join us. You guys are the best.

This picture is provided for the Hamilton side of the family to showcase the "kissin cousins" that they tease us about non-stop. I think they may be a little jealous. "We encourage it!" Hee Hee

Doing the toyota jump after a great finish in the 5K.

Sydney Grace Webb takes second place in her division for her run. She got an awesome glass trophy and was so very excited. She is quite a little runner. You go Sydney.
                                                                          
                                                                               
Me and my boys taking a walk at Greg and Anna's cabin. What a beautiful setting. So peaceful and fun. Thanks for the invite and awesome time at the cabin Greg and Anna.


More shots at the cabin. And more super cute cousins.

Taking a break from picking wildflowers. Is this cute or what?

Eric and Allyson livin it up in the mountains.

I couldn't get this repeat pic to delete. Oh well, I guess its worth the repeat.
Grandma Webb with Sydney and Dad relaxing on the deck of the cabin.
Grandpa Webb enjoying a most delicious lunch.

Now this takes the cake for the "kissin cousins" picture. It actually scared me when I saw them sitting like this. Not because they are cousins, but because I realized how soon this could become a reality with a spouse in place of Eric. WOWZERS!

Little Tyler spent quite a bit of time just sitting on the deck carving his stick. He put some awesome designs on it and made a real work of art.

This was definately my favorite part of the cabin. They brought up this tiny little hot tub and tried to get it running on their front porch. The water was far from hot and look how many kids are piled in, with Eric of course. I laughed so hard. They didn't care, they were in heaven.

Andrew struttin his stuff on the four wheeler.

Tylers turn.

To end another wonderful trip to Utah, I had to add this picture. We seem to always see something amusing on our endless road trips. This was too funny. He must have dropped his load and then strapped down this kids dump truck. Speaking of road trips, I think it's about time some of our wonderful family members decided to create some of their own family memories and brave the road trip out here. Toughen up and get out here to see us. We love you all and had so much fun with everyone. Thanks for making it a great vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment